Friday, July 24, 2009

Don't Count Your Chickens


I am giving into my imagination, (more than normal) and will be painting people from my mind rather then reference photos of folks that I have taken. They are a bit more whimsical, often have some attitude of sorts, and generally have some dilemma they are facing.

Tonight I am posting a study for a painting I will be doing called "Ne pas compter vos poulets (Don't count your chickens)" I could make up a whole story about this girl who is contemplating 3 eggs... but I won't. It's your turn to use your imagination!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am in awe at your work! Wow!!! You are certainly original and good at what you do.

Catherine Darling said...

Hi Lisa,
I so appreciate your comment. I am in the midst of what direction to take with my work and I appreciate the feedback. Have a lovely day!

little bit said...

Hi Catherine,
You know I already love your work. Also love the idea that there is a story inside each painting.