Friday, June 04, 2010

Quick! Paint a daisy before it gets cloudy again!


Do you ever get so involved in something that you forget to eat lunch? I do that all the time, creating art absorbs me totally.


Today I painted a daisy, on a 17" x 23" piece of watercolor paper. It's quite colorful. I listed it on ebay tonight. I thought it would be fun to do a series of summer flowers. This is the second of the series. The first one was a poppy, but I was using a different brand of paper and I am not used to the way it handles paint, so it didn't turn out like I wanted. So I called it a poppy study and I will probably paint another poppy. Gee. I should have started at the begining of the alphabet to see if there is a flower for every letter. Hmmmm. That sounds pretty ambitious. I will have to think on it.


So what do you eat for lunch at 4:00 pm? String cheese anyone?

No comments: