Sunday, March 11, 2012

Art is in the Eye of the Beholder

Bird Dog 12" x12"
Art is in the eye of the beholder. In the case of visual art, it has to be. In your eye, I mean. So you can see it. Right? Now whether you like the art or not becomes the duty of the brain, interpreting what you are seeing and making a judgement call.

My show at Local Colors is this week, with the opening this coming Friday night. I am working hard to get my paintings ready. I am one of those artists that move a bit quicker when I have a deadline. The problem with that (can you say procrastination?) is you run out of time to do all that you really would like to do for the show. *sigh*.

Since I still have a few days yet, I am optimistic and plan on getting a lot done. I am excited about the drawing for the $600 painting to be given away that night. There's more details on my blog about it. If you haven't entered, you can right here:

 The drawing has ended. Congratulations to Susan Daniels.

16" x 20" painting valued at $600

Maybe this flying dog painting doesn't jingle your chimes, but think about it...it could be just the ticket for a kids room or a gift for someone who loves dogs. I am sure someone would like to give this painting a good home. After all, whatever your reason for entering may be, we all know that art is in the eye of the beholder.

Sorry, that is kind of a corny ending to my blog entry today.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful!! Lovely blog; I'm a new follower!
Best,
Anne ♥♥

Janny said...

Me too, beuatiful work!

Catherine Darling said...

Hi Anne and Janny, Welcome! It's great to have you both!

kristin maynes said...

I found your blog via Google when looking for local artists. Love your work!

Catherine Darling said...

Hi Kristin, Thanks!