Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dressing up - It's October After All

Now that my show for Local Colors is up at the gallery, I have been focusing on my online art. After taking pretty much a year off from online sales, the last couple of months I have been turning my thoughts back to them.

One thing I have done to get my Etsy and Ebay shops up and running  was match my online prices to my gallery prices. I feel at this point in my little art career, I should do that. However, after much research and thinking, thinking, thinking I have decided that my online sales are going to take a new direction and become more illustrative rather than trying to compete with my gallery work.

I am not ready to totally present my new items just yet, but I will give you a little hint. I am pulling out some little characters I did in the 70's and I am going to incorporate them into my new stuff!


I went digging through boxes and pulled out a little face that I have used from time to time over the years. This particular image comes from a tie that I gave to my Dad for Easter, ties being a favorite gift and all for dads. He couldn't actually wear this one though, as it's picture!

I recall how hard I worked to make this little face a bit different from other artist's work. We didn't have the internet back then so I researched library books. 

Hopefully I will have my new product ready to show you by the end of the week. Meanwhile I have a Easter tie for dressing up- I guess it will work for Halloween too.

No comments: