Saturday, October 26, 2013

I Have a Show at Local Colors!

My art is featured this month at Local Colors of Utah Gallery. The theme for the show is "I Can Fly".
I recently moved and it took me a little bit to get in gear to paint for this show. I hadn't painted for a couple of months and when I finally got around to painting, I just couldn't get inspired.

*sigh*

 No matter what, I just couldn't think of anything I wanted to paint. The theme was really wide open for all kinds of ideas, but alas, none came my way. Finally some very good advice came to me...Stop thinking and start painting!

So I did and even though I wasn't thrilled with my first idea, I just kept painting. Pretty soon the ideas started coming. Unfortunately by that point, I only had a short amount of time to paint before the hanging of the show. The show is now up from October 18th thru November 13th.

This is one of my paintings in the show:

 "Flying a Hare Too Low"




  Come see what else I ended up with when I had to fly by the seat of my pants, or should I say 'paint' by the seat of my pants?

No comments: