Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Last Seven Days Made Me Feel Week in the Knees!

I am so glad this week is through! It was not very artfull for me. I recently started tending my handicapped grandson for 4 days a week, every afternoon, and just before that I have to take my daughter to work -which is an hour round trip. I will have to do that for a couple more weeks. Then there were meetings three nights this week. But the worst thing was that I had procrastinated doing my taxes and worked on them each morning before I had to run around for the afternoon. I finished them, and got them to the post office by Thursday the 15th at 10:30 pm! Mix in rehanging the Co-op gallery one day and then gallery stroll on Friday night. Well those things are kinda arty. But no painting. No sir, not for me!

Every year I swear I will do my tax preparation each month so it's not such a big task when it becomes tax season. Gee it's April and I am already four months behind! I think I would rather paint.


I was very pleased to see that I was featured on EBSQ's blog as one of Friday's Five! That was a surprise. Thank you, Amanda! http://blog.ebsqart.com/


As a result of my busy week there is not much on ebay, but I will get some art back on in the next couple of days. It's going to take some doing to adjust to my new schedule of missing the whole afternoon when I normally paint all day.
This doll will be on ebay tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Sheryl Parsons said...

Oh wow! Sounds like life is moving in on you. It sure has on me so I'm re-evaluating what part of my art I will focus on as time is so precious. What a great grandma for helping out! It's tough sometimes, the blessings will be so worth it in the end. How old is your grandchild?
Congrats on your feature!
Hugs,
Sheryl.
ps you should share in group....:-)

Renee Troy said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a challenging time lately. My favorite quote is..."this too shall pass". It always does. I hope it passes sooner than later for you.

Catherine Darling said...

Hi Sheryl and Renee! My grandson is 11. He is a sweet boy and it's a pleasure to take care of him. I am really happy and blessed that I have the opportunity to care for him.
Renee, I think my biggest challenge is getting organized so that I still produce some art daily. Sheryl hit it on the head of the nail when she talked about evaluating what part of her art will she focus on as time is so precious. Amen to that!