Monday, August 23, 2010

Experimental Angel

I have a show in mid-October at Local Colors of Utah gallery. Of course I haven't started painting for it yet. Can you say procrastination? Good! I probably should legally change my middle name to that.

I have in mind to do a series of saints, kind of a whimiscal perspective of what kind of saints people might like to have, for instance; a saint of chocolate. Anyone who really loves chocolate would adore a chocolate saint, right? And I am not talking about the hollow chocolate Santas that you get at Christmas. Anyway, I have all kinds of ideas for Saints, like all the dog lovers really ought to have a saint of dogs, or one for cats... the list can go on and on.

So today I did a study, not for my show, but some experimentation of painting on a textured canvas. I wanted to try some things out before I actually started painting for my show. This painting is a 20"x 16" and is titled 'Petit Ange' or Little Angel. I enjoyed painting on the texture which included some random collaged papers and then I applied a layer of modeling paste and went over it with a little roller. I liked the effect I got with the texture and will try it again tomorrow.

This painting is currently up for auction on ebay and will end next Monday on Sept. 30th. Click on the ebay link at the top of this page to see all my auctions.

No comments: