Tuesday, January 08, 2013

New Paintings for the Gallery



Next week our gallery, Local Colors of Utah is having a white show featuring art from all our artists.
I have created a couple of mixed media pieces. I collage paper onto canvas for a smoother surface and then paint on it using acrylic paint, pastels, watercolor pencils, colored pencils and watercolor crayon.
For the New Year I thought I would do a series of faces with positive thoughts and quotes on them. Though my paintings are not totally 'white', they have some off white in them. I just didn't feel like doing totally white paintings.




The first one I did is titled Peace Comes From Within, and is 10" x 8". The second one is titled "Life is About" and has the quote; Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself. It's the same size as the first one.
Each face is a new original painting.

The opening for this show is Friday, January 18th, 6 to 9 PM at Local Colors of Utah, 1054 E. 2100 South, SLC, UT.

No comments: