Friday, April 24, 2015

Art Mingled with Friday

I consider my Fridays my day off. In addition to working in Local Colors of Utah art gallery as president and working on my art whenever I can, I tend my handicapped grandson Anthony 4 days a week, for 3 hours each day Monday - Thursday. Plus this month I have my 3 year old grand-daughter, Lily Rain during the weekdays. She lives in Portland OR with her mama and is here to visit.
Being an artist is nice because I am able to be flexible for my family and grandkids. 

So what am I doing today? Well next Friday I am participating in a fundraising event hosted by the Bradley Center at the South Towne Mall in Sandy, Utah. Today I am getting art ready for that event.
The Bradley Center supports children who have lost one or both parents. 30% of the sales go to the Bradley Center. Come see me next week!




Another particularly nice thing about today is that I am a featured artist on Jennifer Love's Blog!
Jenny is a good friend and has interviewed me and featured some of my art.
As she said we are kindred spirits, which I totally agree.:-)
I have been thinking of doing features on other artists and Jennifer has provided a great example of how to do it!

Also on my friday agenda is to paint a couple of paintings I have been working on. I hope to get them done for the show next week.



"Juggling Life" by Catherine Darling Hostetter

How is your friday going?

No comments: