Monday, April 27, 2015

Success is in Your Head, if You Want to Dig it Out!






"Follow Your Inspiration"  Catherine Darling Hostetter




This weekend I was reviewing what I had coming up on my calendar, and realized that I am not accomplishing nearly enough. I am one of those artists that is not the most organized. I thought "what am I going to do to change this situation"! 

I remembered a few months back when my son and I were reading a book together, called The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. I recalled during the time that as I was studying it and applying it's principles to my artistic existence, I was accomplishing more and felt very productive in all aspects of my life.

So... I dragged the book out yesterday and determined to read a chapter a day and work it like I was going to school with assignments and all. This time through the book, however, I am not going to read it and then forget what I learned. I will diligently try to make it a part of my life habits. Having experienced already that if I don't focus and make a goal of this, I will fall back into old habits. I know that for a fact, it's the story of my life!

Chapter 1: Take 100% Responsibility of Your Life.  Don't worry I am not going to go through the whole book here on my blog. But I will summarized some of the amazing info found there.

I would like to quote from the book something that made a lot of sense...


"Ninety nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses"
George Washington Carver

Great advice, take accountability for your own choices and don't make excuses. Another great insight from the book - If you don't like your outcomes, change your response. Sure, a lot of things happen in our lives that we don't have direct control of , but we do have the choice to determine how we respond to it. 

The last thing I want to mention is: You have to give up blaming and complaining. 

That's it for today. If anyone is interested in joining me as I change my life and would like to change yours, get yourself a copy of the book, and lets go for it!







1 comment:

A Magical Whimsy said...

I adore this watercolor painting 'Follow Your Inspiration'. Are you going to be making prints of it?
I still have your Red Queen Doll from the 'Cloth and Clay' ning site challenge days.
I made a point of using the word 'focus' for this year of 2015. It has really helped me keep on task and focus moment by moment. I am not usually one to choose a word as a New Year's theme, but this time, I did.
Your artwork is fresh and vibrant.
Cheers!
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/