Thursday, October 15, 2009

Finished... I think!


Here's a commission I have been working on. I think it's finished, but I will know for sure in the morning. After looking at it all day you think you're finally done and then if you get away from it for a while, you see things that need fix'in. I really hope it's done though. It has been a big project, the size is 36"x 48". It just barely fits in my car.
It doesn't have a title yet... maybe tomorrow it will. Right now all I can think of is 'Koi'. Not very creative or original. :-)

4 comments:

Carrie Joy Byrnes said...

Oh it is absolutely beautiful! I love it. I know what you mean-- there comes a point in the day where I need to walk away for awhile or go to bed and look tomorrow. I tell my husband, it's that time when I can't see anymore. Love it - it's great.

Carrie

Sheryl Parsons said...

Gorgeous Catherine! Wow, I'm in awe!

anotherlinda said...

WOW Catherine! What is it painted on and with? It's just gorgeous! Love it!

Catherine Darling said...

Thanks Carrie and Sheryl!
Linda, it is mostly acrylic on canvas,but the big koi and some of the lily pads are collaged and then I painted on them. I also used modeling paste on the rocks.

Thanks so much for your kind comments everyone.