Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Frog is a Frog is a Frog Except When It's Not







Gertrude Stein said "A rose is a rose is a rose".

My art teacher in high school introduced me to that quote. Unfortunately I can't remember why. But it did come to mind when I thought about posting my newest, most fantabulous art doll creation. This little doll started out as a 'frog is a frog is a frog', but ended up as an exception, as in 'except when it's not'.

I titled this little art doll "Frog child'. I think that whatever it is, frog or child, it appears to be quite contented. Frog Child is 9 inches tall and when it was an itty bitty thing it was called the Tadpole Kid. At first I wasn't sure if it was a frog or a toad, but now that I wrote Frog Child on the back, I guess that makes it a frog. Artistic license allows an artist to do stuff like that.
Frog Child is now on auction at ebay and is hoping someone will adopt it and give it a real name.

No comments: