Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Poppy and Morning Pages


Today I made a new doll, Poppy! She is a wall doll and ready to hang. She is 15" long.

About three days ago I decided to read the book 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron. Actually I decided to read it several years ago but didn't quite follow through. So I pulled it off the shelf and started reading.

Are you familiar with the book? Its about unblocking your creativity. Even if you don't think your creativity is blocked, the exercises in it are wonderful to get the most out of your creativity. One exercise, writing morning pages is a great way to start your day. You just start writing and don't stop til you have written 3 pages. It doesn't matter what you write about, what matters is that you write. It's a great way to get out stress or bring forth creative ideas. By just writing, without trying to direct your thoughts, it seems whatever is most on your mind comes forth. Then you free yourself up to be more creative for the day. I guess you just need to get the book to understand, becuase I can't begin to explain it all here, it would make too long of a blog! Anyhoo, I am working on being more creative. :-)

No comments: