Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Always Wear Expensive Shoes...


Well, I have to say after writing my blog yesterday and coming to a decision, I felt incredibly free. I had been so tied up with trying to figure out 'how' I wanted to paint that I ended up not painting at all or at least not happy with what I was doing. So I think by setting a small goal to work towards, my mind's stress eased up. So guess what I painted? I did a painting featuring a girl with a type of face that I have been painting for years. In fact since 1974! I remembered when I first drew this type of face I was kind of going through what I have been recently doing, trying to come up with a style I could use in my art. My first piece of art with this face was a painted tie for my Dad for Easter. It wasn't even a real tie, it was a painting of a tie with this little person in an easter bunny suit. And I laminated it. Last I checked my dad still had it. He doesn't wear it of course...


So here is the painting that I did yesterday and will be putting on ebay tonight. "Always wear expensive shoes, chickens notice!


Have a very whimsical day!

Catherine

2 comments:

anotherlinda said...

Well of course I love it! Same haircut my daughters had and now my granddaughters. The little saying is really humorous too! Linda

Sheryl Parsons said...

She's absolutely darling Catherine! I love her!
:-)
Sheryl