Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mary Jane in Pink - An Art Card


Today one of the things I painted was an artist trading card or ACEO (art cards editions and originals). An art card is 3.5" x 2.5" . It was so small that I had a heck of a time taking pictures of it. The trouble was getting acurate color. I first tried to scan it but it picked up the texture of the canvas too much. Then I took a picture of it with my Canon 7.1 megapixal camera. I couldn't get a clear shot - it was blurry now matter what I tried. Even with the macro setting. And the color was off there too. So finally I took a picture of it with my LG cell phone and it got the color pretty good although a little lighter than it actually is, but by far the best picture. So I settled for that.
This little painting is called Mary Jane in Pink. I am going to do a series of Mary Jane ACEO's. It was fun to paint!

2 comments:

lisanelsonart said...

Hi Catherine, this is beautiful! I love your whimsical painterly style and I love how you stitched the edges on this. Unfortunately, I have the same problem with my 8 megapixel camera - and forget the scanner - mine now puts lines thru everything. I always tell people, if you like it on your monitor, you'll love it in person. Thanks for sharing your work! Lisa

Catherine Darling said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks so much for your comment! I am seriously thinking of getting a higher resolution camera. I really like what you tell people about if they like it on the monitor. I will have to do that.