Monday, February 22, 2010

Carpe Diem!


Well another show to enter... I can't help it, I like to enter shows! This one was a state-wide call for entries at the Bountiful Davis Art Center.

Not sure I liked what I entered, but since that's all I had painted, I entered it. It seemed ok yesterday, but now that I look at it, there are things I would fix if I had a little more time. But hey, it's titled 'Carpe Diem' and if you saw the Dead Poets Society, or maybe you just happen to be fluent in latin, you will know it means seize the day! That's the title of the painting. My son thought the girl in this painting was looking upward in a positive manner, like she was planning something good. But 'Planning Something Good' wasn't a very good title. So after some quick thinking (I was running out of time) I came up with the title! Now if the painting will just get juried into this show.... I will know it really was Carpe Diem-ing!

No comments: