Sunday, February 14, 2010

Utah Watercolor Miniature Show




Well, if you have been following my blog, you will know I have a problem with painting for deadlines. Today the entries were due for the UWS miniature show, and I was kinda busy painting this morning! I was going to do two paintings but ran out of time since my car decided to have brake troubles ( I wasn't painting in my car though). I needed to address the brake issue and that took some time. Then my phone wasn't working again. Everytime it snows or rains it loses the dial tone. So I had to call the phone company AGAIN. Anyway I completed one painting and then decided to crop another existing painting that hadn't been in a show yet that I had painted in the past year. I think I may have posted the full version of it here before. I think it worked better cropped down. The call for entry said that the painting AND frame could not exceed twelve inches in any direction. So my images were approximately 5" x 7" and then framed were a total of 11" x 9". The titles are "A Hypothetical Question" and "Look!".
There were a lot of great entries in the show. It's going to be a good one. The opening reception is Wednesday, Feb. 17th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Michael Berry Gallery, 163 East Broadway, Salt Lake City, UT.

I meant to post this on Saturday, and now it's actually early Sunday morning, but pretend it's still Saturday because I want to post a 'Happy Valentines Day' entry and I don't want you to think I'm a dork for posting twice on the same day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These two paintings are so beautiful. You are so gifted!
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs!

Julie

Catherine Darling said...

Hi Julie-ann,thanks! Happy Valentines day.


Catherine